It is time to take your web designing skills to the next level with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). They are a way to control the look and feel of your HTML documents in an organized and efficient manner. With CSS you will be able to:
- Add new looks to your old HTML
- Completely restyle a web site with only a few changes to your CSS code
- Use the "style" you create on any webpage you wish!
A stylesheet can, and should be, completely separate from your HTML documents. When you have mastered CSS and HTML, you will be able to separate your web site's design and formatting (CSS) from the content (HTML).
Before you begin the CSS Tutorial we suggest that you
check to see you meet the following recommendations:
- You have used HTML in the past
- You know the basic HTML tags and vocabulary.
- You want to be a better web designer!
If you said no to one of the above, we recommend that you check out our HTML Tutorial before taking on CSS.
When you are ready, continue the tutorial to learn about the basic form of CSS and where you should place your CSS code.
Found Something Wrong in this Lesson?
Report a Bug or Comment on This Lesson - Your input is what keeps Tizag improving with time!